Folks who know me really, really well…know that I am just the teeniest tiniest bit competitive. I am not a bad loser, but I go into anything I do to succeed. After 70 years, I have known a few ‘thrills of victory’ as well as a good deal more ‘agonies of defeat’. Do I like to win? Hell, yes! BUT it is the competition that really spurrs me on. I like challenges…well, as long as they don’t involve great heights or fires…do not do those.
SO, this week on the TODAY Show they are talking about resetting our brains for happiness. I realize the empirical evidence in support of happiness is lacking. Life events, daily chores, health, finances, losses, hurt feelings, unhappy people and so on, the externals of life coupled with the battles many are fighting with depression, doubt, and desperation present enormous WALLS to happiness.
SO, CAN a person conciously tear those walls down, break through, or even carve a little hole of light so that happiness can increase within oneself??
I CHALLENGE MYSELF AND ANYONE WHO READS THIS TO TRY HODA KOTB‘S 5 ‘SECRETS OF HAPPINESS’ –TRY IT FOR AT LEAST A WEEK
- Write down three things you feel grateful for daily. [POST OR TWEET #HODAHAPPINESS]
- Write down something great that happened within the past 24 hours. [POST OR TWEET #HODAHAPPINESS]
- Exercise a little each day. [SHARE WHAT YOU ARE DOING]
- Meditate [OR PRAY] for a few minutes each day.
- Perform a random act of kindness. [INTENTIONALLY WATCH FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO BE KIND]*
*PARENTHESIS ADDED ARE MINE
BY the way, it is my intent to BLOW you all AWAY with JUST HOW HAPPY I get durning this CHALLENGE!